At Horan Oil, we're taking steps to save the environment... and save you money.
These days, energy conservation is in the spotlight and "green" has become the "in" color. And Horan Oil is doing several things to help our customers "go green."
First and foremost, we're proud to introduce delivery of our clean, green Bioheat® fuel alternative. A mixture of heating oil and biofuels, Bioheat is chock full of benefits! Bioheat is made from soybeans (and other renewable resources) grown right here in America, so it supports local farmers and jobs. Additionally, our Guardiant Premium Heating Oil is specially designed to stabilize the molecules to prevent them from forming into solids. This keeps your system running cleanly and efficiently. Plus, Bioheat has many other outstanding benefits:
Governor Deval Patrick recently signed the Clean Energy Biofuels Act, which creates a timetable for a statewide transition to Bioheat. There will be a 2% renewable component in all Oilheat sold in the state in 2010, and that will increase to 5% in 2013. This makes Massachusetts the first state in the union to mandate the use of biofuels for both heating and transportation, and Horan Oil is extremely pleased to deliver this environmentally-friendly product to you.
- Bioheat has the highest BTU content of any alternative fuel, for more efficient burning.
- Biodegradable, renewable and non-toxic, Bioheat burns cleaner than "regular" Oilheat (which is already extremely clean!). It contains almost no sulfur, and significantly reduces particulates and greenhouse gases that lead to global warming.
- Bioheat lubricates heating system parts more thoroughly and efficiently, helping to reduce the number of service calls needed annually.
- Bioheat costs about the same as "regular" Oilheat.
- Bioheat is safer than "regular" Oilheat (which is extremely safe), because it has a higher flash point.
- Bioheat requires no burner, boiler/furnace or tank modification, and you won't have to change your budget plan, payment plan, service contract or warranties.
- Bioheat will be delivered to you in the same manner as "regular" Oilheat. And, as with "regular" Oilheat, we offer automatic delivery, so you won't have to worry about running out.
Here are other ways we are helping to save the environment:
Need more advice on how to go green and save green? Please contact us.
- Your Horan Oil service agreement helps to ensure that your Oilheat system stays in top-notch condition, burning cleanly and efficiently.
- We offer the latest, most energy-efficient comfort equipment.
- Our technicians are actually conservation experts who can advise you on how to save energy, such as recommending a programmable thermostat or advanced burner control.
- Our Guardiant Premium Heating Oil is specially formulated to optimize the performance and extend the life of your heating system while maximizing your energy dollars.